STAR (Strategic Transformation Achievement Recognition)
The third prestigious award presented at the annual HBA Woman of the Year (WOTY) event is the Strategic Transformation Achievement Recognition—also known as the STAR award.
This honor is unique in that it is presented to a volunteer who has strategically transformed the HBA. Since 1999, the HBA has recognized an extraordinary volunteer who stands apart as an exemplary role model to others due to her/his demonstrated long-term commitment to gender parity and the ability to help the HBA further our mission and goals.
HBA STAR nominations are submitted by scores of fellow volunteer leaders who've seen firsthand the outstanding efforts made by those deserving of this award. Candidates are the most senior and impactful volunteer leaders and the award recipient is selected because of the significant and global impact they have made to the association over the years.
2018 STAR honoree Terri Pascarelli shares her story
- Keynote at the WOTY luncheon 9 May, 2019 and attend associated reception(s)
- Attend invitation-only evening event(s) the prior evening 8 May, 2019
- Participate in preparatory activities for the 2019 WOTY event:
- three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- in-person rehearsal session the afternoon of 8 May, 2019 at the hotel
- Attend and/or speak at HBA events such as global webinars, chapter programs, the 2019 3BC summit, and the Annual Conference in mid-November, 2019
- Host or attend the private Award celebration dinner in 2020 to welcome the incoming STAR winner
- HBA Advisory Board member providing guidance to the HBA board of directors