Salveson Stetson Group hosted ConnectCafé on 28 March. ConnectCafe was designed to be a speed networking event where initial introduction is brief and the intent is to meet everyone in the room in under 45 minutes. Despite a reschedule from the original date, ConnectCafé had a great turnout and over 20 attendees “speed” networked their way across the room in an upbeat energetic spirit.
The morning of 28 March provided an opportunity for attendees to network initially in an open forum over some good coffee and a selection of breakfast pastries and fruits. Shortly after, Nancy Kovach called upon the group with initial instructions to engage and led the structured speed networking.
The rounds of speed networking occurred amongst 11 pairs of attendees where everyone had approx. Three mins to introduce themselves and provide a short overview of their career. The conversations and connections were fun, energetic and completely effortless. The energy was quite palpable across the room. As the three minutes approached, Nancy would “ring the bell” and associates then moved on to engaging with the next person across the table.
The structured speed networking event was thrilling, energetic and effective way of establishing first introduction. Nancy advised the group to follow up with a teleconference, LinkedIn as well as connect over coffee as potential next steps. After the structured speed networking event, attendees continued to engage in conversation and network as the event wrapped up for a close.
Nidhi Saxena, HBA West Chester marketing director at large, reached out to attendees for feedback and received following reviews…
- Kate McElhone: “It was wonderful to meet such great women all in one spot”
- Chris Brown: "The HBA ConnectCafé event brought together like-minded professionals who wanted to make meaningful connections and further develop networking abilities. Even as someone with limited healthcare industry experience, I was welcomed, educated and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the other members of the HBA”
- Janice Storms: “Thanks again for the warm welcome and the tasty food and coffee.”
- Nancy Kovach: “Loud, energetic and fun”
HBA West Chester would like to thank Salveson Stetson Group for hosting an energetic and fun networking session and working with us on rescheduled date.
HBA West Chester would love if you can join us during upcoming events in the area:
- 10 April - Happy Hour & Networking Twenty9 Restaurant in Malvern
- 22 May - You’re Worth It: Negotiating Employment Contracts, Asking for Promotions and Quantifying Your Value